Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fragmentation



Fragmentation: the disintegration, collapse, or breakdown of norms of thought, behaviour, or social relationship.



Given the state of the World, in general these days and how everything all around is beginning to break down and fragment, I thought I would present my perspective on what is going on. Most I believe, thanks in large part to the Media, focus on the negative; increased domestic violence and crime, financial collapse, wars, etc. ... The moment we turn on the television, look at a Newspaper, or log on to an online news site they inundate us with negativity upon negativity with no let up in site.



My solution is fairly simple and straightforward. I have tuned out the mainstream media, directed my attention to the positive in the World, and begun to rely on direct experience to guide my journey. Life is transient and all things must inevitably end. There is beauty everywhere we look, including in decay. It is only a matter of opening our eyes to see it.



The Great Wheel turns and every ending is a new beginning.

2 comments:

  1. Well I guess the world is what we make it! Perhaps the only way is to lead by example.

    Sorry I haven't been around around for awhile - I have been diverted by a massive sort out of my music collection (now on a Media Player) and doing neglected DIY jobs around the house. Have done 2 small works on paper though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was something in the air over the past week or two, Philip. I've found myself distracted by a massive sort out of my film collection from disk to external hard drive.

    ReplyDelete